The other day, I had a serious craving for “summer food” and my normal go-to is potato salad, so I whipped some up to add to our dinner. This really isn’t a “new” recipe, but it’s ours, so enjoy!
- Mini Potatoes (use as many as you think will feed your crew)
- 3-4 Stalks of Celery
- 5 Eggs
- 4 Green Onions
- 5-6 Radishes (optional)
- Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- White Vinegar
- Epicure Herb & Garlic spice mix
- Smoked Paprika (optional)
- Cut your mini potatoes in half (quarters would be too small and you’ll end up with mashed potato salad)
- Boil the potatoes under they’re fork tender (piercing a fork through them easily)
- In the last 10 minutes of the boil, toss your eggs into the pot of boiling water
- While that’s cooking, chop up your celery, radishes and green onions
- When the potatoes are ready, separate the eggs and then drain the water.
- Immediately pour a “splash” of white vinegar onto the hot steamy potatoes (Please don’t ask me why this is done – it’s been a long-standing tradition in my family, so you’ll have to ask my mother!)
- One the potatoes are cooled, mix with the chopped veggies and add in enough mayonnaise to your liking.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on the top and let it cool until the rest of your dinner is ready to eat!
ps. Emma did not like this recipe (she said she didn’t like the paprika or radishes – which were new additions (trying something new), but again, just adapt the recipe to your own liking!